Thursday, May 20, 2010

Splashin' at the Lagoon

I just arrived at home from the airport, and am now writing my thoughts on Splash Lagoon in Erie, PA

Overall, I liked this waterpark. I went during an off-season point, so I didn't experience any problems with crowds. The rides are as follows:

Hurricane Hole - a body slide throwing you into a bowl, thrusting you forward at 40 mph and then dumps you into six feet of water. A little too intense for my taste, but some may enjoy it.

Cyclone - this was my personal favorite. It is a tube slide where you are thrown into a bowl and shot through, and has a speedy exit as well.

Shark Attack - a high speed, enclosed body slide with some blue flashes.

Python Plunge - a dark tunnel (tube slide) with some light holes in it, pretty fast.

Big Kahuna - A more calmer tube slide.

Black Hole - like the Shark Attack, but calmer, but that certainly doesn't mean calm.

Maui Wowie - a standard open body slide.

It also features a number of pools and a lazy river to relax in. I did notice, however, I kept getting stuck on the lazy river because the current (which the instructions tell you that you must follow :p) kept pushing me in circles. It also features a playground where a bucket of water dumps onto every once in a while.

I have also noticed that the Hurricane Hole, Cyclone, and Big Kahuna all start from the same area. There are signs telling you where to go for the slides, but I still think it could be organized better. The stairs weren't wide enough to handle three rides, and I think the stairs could have been split with chains or something.

The food was good if a bit on the pricey side.

That being said, I still think it was a very good waterpark.

Transportation: Fly into ERI (Erie, PA). It is on Peach Street. Take the M3 bus if you need a bus.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

  1. Hi this is Katie from Elkhart, IN. Our family was just at Splash Lagoon in August. It is nota bad drive from here--5 hours or so and there are lots of good restaurants around the complex. We all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete